Jun 1, 2010

day 37: Work hard, Party hard

From some months I have started loving the phrase-"work hard and party hard". Rather, I must say I have understood the meaning of this phrase now at this point of my life. I have understood that after hard work every small moment is a party and calls for a right to relaxation. Here, the party does not mean loud music, dance or dinner at a restaurant. It can simply point to pampering oneself. The pampering can be a simple long tub bath, eating sweet pastries for a day without feeling guilty, humming a tune of your favourite song, doing nothing in the whole day and still be content at the end of the day.

Life sometimes seem to me that it is running. France is a country to enjoy outdoor activities. I think, I must say, South of France. More Sun, sea, mountains all make it a beautiful place offering so much to enjoy and relax. Each weekend is full of menu items like shopping, dinners, beach fun, swimming, etc. But at the same time, I feel how my life can be fast. I am at home, alone, taking care of the baby, learning French for the French driving exam (frustating!!!), I miss my friends from college and hanging out with them.....yuck..life is slow. The driving thing is taking long, unable to find a creche/preschool for the daughter...how are the things being ticked in the life? No,life is slow, it is just I am running to make it a little faster. And, yes it leaves me exhausted. But I am hopeful with each new Sun, though by the Moon falls and the stars twinkle, all the energy has vanished with the day's mundane and tough tasks. Each new day has a plan and I start walking like on a chess board, trying to play my pawns against some devils like laziness and frustation, and gaining the queen of momentum. Each Sun rise I promise myself a better day than the previous one. I am happy I am not giving up (though I feel sometimes, this driving thing (in particular) will drive me insane). I love PB Shelly's words:

Rise like lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number-
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you-
Ye are many- they are few.'


And after I rise like a lion each day, work hard, think hard, fight hard, I am sure one day I can party hard (without any guilt, without any worry to achieve a pending goal).

No comments:

Post a Comment