May 14, 2010

Day 19: My visit to the Cannes Film Festival

The Cannes film festival started from 12th May and will be held till 23rd May. I got a chance to be at this happening place at this happening time, on 14th May. Hundreds of cameras flashing and thousands of stars & invitees coming, descending down their cars before the red carpet, waving their hands, signing a few autographs, spreading a roar of excitement and ooh....this is Shaifali Gupta, signing in from Cannes, France.

I reached the venue i.e. the Palais des Festivals, and stood at a barrier for about 45 minutes before I saw a car passing by. This car mometarily had stopped near the red carpet entrance but was apparently moved forward, so I didn't paid any attention. When it was about to pass, I saw a lady draped in sari and I saw...Oh my God! Aishwarya Rai with her mother in the car. Luckily she didn't have perfect black car glasses. I could see her eye lashes, alas but not the blue eyes everyone dies for....but I saw her. For a few milli, micro (I don't know) seconds, my heart skipped a beat that I saw her.....Oh My God...I wanted to shout with excitement.

After 10-15 minutes, cars kept coming and stars came down their cars, I saw many of them but still didn't recognise them as I am not much into global cinema. I saw Aishwarya with her mother again on the red carpet. I saw her waving her hand to the fans, even giving them autographs. She was standing before me, at a distance of 100 mts or less, and still I was far to shout and say her name or take an autograph or a mental picture of her beauty. Well, it was an experience to see her. I will perhaps never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment